blogenlust
9.18.2004

Packers vs. Bears


So far I have really enjoyed living on the West Coast, and I'm sure it will get better once I am completely settled. One thing that will take a lot of getting used to, though, is the fact that football games start at 10am on Sunday mornings. On the one hand, I have to get up and find a bar earlier than I might on any other day of the week. On the other hand, it means a good brunch and Bloody Marys. In the end, it isn't that big of a deal. Tomorrow morning, assuming that the Packer-Bear game is not the local game in Oakland, I'll be heading to a local establishment, bright and early, to secure a seat for the game. I found this handy resource that every Packer fan should know about. Don't leave home without it. The Packers vs. Bears games are always the highlight of the schedule for me. In recent years, it has usually meant easy wins for the Pack. Given southeastern Wisconsin's close proximity to Illinois, there are a good number of Bears fans to kick around. I remember when I was younger, when the Bears usually beat the Packers, we would have Packer-Bear day at my grade school. On this day we were able to wear Packers or Bears clothing. It was one of the only days all year that we could wear something other than our school uniform. You get the picture, its a big rivalry.