blogenlust
9.30.2004

Thoughts on the Debate


I'm not sure what else there is to say about the debates, other than the fact that I thought Kerry was far and away more "Presidential" than Bush. I felt that Kerry had a much better grasp on some of the issues, particularly North Korea and nuclear proliferation than Bush. He answered confidently and looked good. Bush, on the other hand, didn't seem to know where he was going when he started an answer--lots of awkward silence. Oh, and "It's hard work" is not an appropriate response, nor is it an excuse, for the problems we are facing in the world today. I don't know how many times Bush said, "Hey, it's hard work"--at least a dozen. Seems like most people agree Kerry won, at least in the initial, unscientific polls thus far released. I think that this a big shift for the Kerry campaign, especially considering this was supposed to be Bush's strong point. I hope that most people will see what I think is obvious: John Kerry is a better candidate that George Bush.