blogenlust
10.12.2004

If you see 25 white people wearing backpacks, call John Ashcroft ASAP


Given what will grace Wednesday morning's Washington Times (I know, its the Washington Times...), I think it is a good idea to point out this handy dandy timeline. Feel free to peruse this graph, too. Now, I don't know whether or not there really is a group of backpacked Chechen terrorists that have infiltrated the US-Mexican border with aims of disrupting the election. But I do know that there are enough white backpackers in the Southwest and the rest of the country to scare the shit out of undecided voters. Especially those living near schools. Given this Administration's history of suspiciously timed terror warnings, you have to wonder about the veracity of this report. I suspect we'll hear a lot about potential terrorist threats over the course of the next 20 days. Breeding fear is about the only thing this Administration has done well over the last 3 years, so it shouldn't be surprising that they'll rely on their ringer to try and win the election. My hope is that people are beginning to recognize the pattern behind these warnings.