blogenlust
1.11.2005

Macworld SF 2005


If you're an Apple enthusiast (and why wouldn't you be?), you've probably heard about Macworld SF 2005. On Tuesday, Steve Jobs kicked it all off with the introduction of iWork, Mac mini, and the iPod Shuffle. All of them look very cool, but I'm especially drawn to the Mac mini. I used to have the G4 Cube and loved it. This looks about a quarter of the size and comes with all the best features for $500. The iPod Shuffle looks great in theory, but I'm skeptical on how popular it will become. In my opinion, the best part about it is its size and portability, but I'm not sure why it's necessary to have the music constantly shuffling. Personally, I could probably live with that, especially for use while working out. But I have my doubts about whether it can achieve popularity on the same level as the iPod mini. And while we're on the subject of Apple products, you should definitely check out NewsFire--an awesome and stylish RSS reader for OS X. If you haven't jumped on the RSS bandwagon, this is a nice program to get you started. Basically, since I've started using an RSS reader, I've been able to check hundreds of blogs and newspapers in half the time it would normally take me with my bookmarks. Of course, another nice RSS utility is LiveMessage Alerts (full disclosure: i'm employed by them). If you have an MSN account and use MSN Messenger you can sign up for my Alerts (on the left) and choose how you'd like to be alerted whenever I update my site (either by email, MSN Messenger, or text message). It's a great way to keep up with your favorite blogs, sports scores, and breaking news. You can give them a try here, and place them on your site here. At the very least, take a closer look at RSS. I'm certain you'll see what all the fuss is about.